Everyone is talking about the LHC experiment, which is going to be one of the most remarkable experiments in history, I guess.
Well, But I am not. But that reminds me of a History Channel series "Beyond the Big Bang" that I stumbled upon when I was surfing channels on my television the other evening. Thanks to satellite tv, that I can see the programme menu and the name "Beyond the Big Bang" made me to put down the remote on the side table.
I had missed the first half of the episode but the rest half was so interesting that I can't explain. And few mins later, I found that I had missed much more :(. I was watching the second part of the series. And now when I realized that I have missed 3/4th of it, then I knew next what I was going to do.
I thought I will find out when the series would be repeated (thanks to 24hr channels which don't have enough to broadcast). And, I never did.
Another day of channel surfing, another encounter with the same series. I was excited. Thought I would watch it full this time. And thanks to satellite tv, which told me that I was watching the last quarter of the programme once again. Pissed off, I thought HBO would be better.
Then sometime later I thought internet would be a nice place, where things just stay (for as long as they stay, at least) and you don't have to follow a programme guide. I thought I'll search for any recorded videos and watch it in full. Trust me, the entire programme was much more interesting and fascinating than you would think. It has become one of my favorite shows in this category. And again, I didn't do.
Just a few mins back... I realized that I never searched for it sincerely. So this time I did. It's 2.24 a.m. now and I am not sure if this was the best time to search. But whatever, finally I did. And that matters.
But... I was not getting the results in google as I would have expected. The first page of Google was more like "I don't understand what you are talking about. So take all the shit I have because that is how I say 'I do not know' ".. Phewwww... I didn't know what to do... but then some combination of keywords led me to a link which I unwillingly opened not expecting too much of it as its "preview" didn't make lot of sense due to lack of relevance with context of my search. But then at least one thing that page told me "You fool. You don't even remember the name of the programme right. And probably I would have helped you if you could at least get the channel's name right. Its not National Geographic you dumbo, its The History Channel"... Aaaahhh.. what a fool am I. I had forgot the name of the programme as well as the name of the channel. Or may be I am only feeling sleepy.
Never mind, one last search and it led me to a series of YouTube videos which was exactly what I wanted.
Now forget all the shit I talked about earlier. Its of no use to you. Get down to business than trying to find out what I am blabbering about. Read or see something more informative. Here are the links to the series, each a ten minute video. Do watch it, and you'll appreciate it (Did you read Physics, btw?)
Beyond the Big Bang, from History Channel:
Part 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvBhsdIHvQ&feature=related
Part 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiX456bUrk&feature=related
Part 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws6vgmzGzZg&watch_response
Part 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws6vgmzGzZg&watch_response
Part 5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiehfarYb4&watch_response
Part 6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCs9RtVa92Y&watch_response
Part 7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW17rjhRcsg&watch_response
Part 8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-DGGeEeB-A&watch_response
Part 9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja3wkdw3luA&watch_response
Part 10. There is no Part 10, dude. You thought its a Hindi movie? Aahh.. you people!!!
And you might find this too as interesting:
What happened Before the Big Bang?
http://www.physorg.com/news102516861.html
Labels:
Big Bang
,
History Channel
,
Science
,
TV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment